As you’re preparing a move for your company, there are a few things to consider when looking into hiring the professionals.
1. Even if you feel that you have a small move and your team can handle it, consult with a professional commercial moving company. Most movers will provide a free quote and you can truly get an idea if you are prepared or should partner with the professionals. Often, during the quoting process details of the move may emerge which had not been previously considered.
2. Not every moving company can handle a commercial move. While residential moves are often straightforward, the complexities of commercial relocations require in-depth logistical planning depending on the scope of the job and size of the company. Ensure the company you choose has experience in a variety of industries, including yours.
3. One of the most critical things for any company which is going to move all, or part, of it’s operation is to consider the down time that may occur while the move is in process. During the quoting process it is important to discuss your expectations with the mover to ensure there is a plan in place to keep any critical functions operating and otherwise minimize downtime. You may want to consider moving in phases so there is always operational continuity.
4. Assign a point person on your team to work with the movers to keep communication and planning organized.
5. Look at what other services a company can provide that you may need for your relocation, including but not limited to:
- Relocation of Office Furniture and Electronics
- Relocation of IT Equipment Such as Computers, Servers, and Phones
- Long- and Short-Term Storage Solutions
- Records Management
- Residential Relocation for your Team
- Rigging Services
- Industrial Warehousing & Distribution
6. Give the professionals at Arnoff Moving & Storage a call. We’ve been helping business of all sizes and in all industries with their relocation and storage needs since 1924. Arnoff's commercial moving services are designed to be cost- and time-efficient, ensuring the most secure transport and warehousing of your goods. For nearly 100 years, our processes as a commercial mover are streamlined, organized, and meticulously managed by our qualified and highly-trained professionals. We’d be happy to provide a free quote on the services you need to help you prepare for your move.
Subscribe to Arnoff Moving & Storage's Blog